Monday 21 August 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clarence Williams III in New York City and Don Backy.
5th Ave Girl, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1939 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Clarence Williams III in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Mod Squad, 52 Pick Up, Purple Rain).
- Don Backy: Italian singer and author, who collaborated with Sofia Rotaru on "Grey Bird" - the Ukrainian version of the Italian song "L'immensità".
- Patrice Laffont: French TV host and presenter, comedian and entertainer, son of editor Robert Laffont.
- James Burton: American guitarist (TCB Band).
- Festus Mogae: Botswana economist and politician 3rd President of Botswana.
- Harold Reid: American singer-songwriter (The Statler Brothers)
- Clarence Williams: American musician (Born 1898)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?