Monday 21 August 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clarence Williams III in New York City and Don Backy.
5th Ave Girl, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1939 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Clarence Williams III in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Mod Squad, 52 Pick Up, Purple Rain).
- Don Backy: Italian singer and author, who collaborated with Sofia Rotaru on "Grey Bird" - the Ukrainian version of the Italian song "L'immensità".
- Patrice Laffont: French TV host and presenter, comedian and entertainer, son of editor Robert Laffont.
- James Burton: American guitarist (TCB Band).
- Festus Mogae: Botswana economist and politician 3rd President of Botswana.
- Harold Reid: American singer-songwriter (The Statler Brothers)
- Clarence Williams: American musician (Born 1898)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 August 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?