Wednesday 12 December 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Reinard Wilson and Stanley Pritchett.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Most Beautiful Girl by Charlie Rich.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Sleeper, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Illustrated, Simplified and Painless Sunday School.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1973!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1973 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Reinard Wilson: linebacker (Cincinnati Bengals).
- Stanley Pritchett: running back (Miami Dolphins).
- Gary Breen: English-Irish footballer and manager.
- Tony Hsieh: American businessman founded LinkExchange.
- Walter Otta: Argentinian footballer.
- Canada begins selling Olympic coins ($5 and $10 silver coins).
- San Diego files anti-trust against National League (stopping San Diego Padres move to Washington DC).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
- Chicago - Just You 'N' Me
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- Ringo Starr - Photograph
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- The Staple Singers - If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?