Friday 7 December 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rea Marie and Mark Hartsell.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Top Of The World by Carpenters.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Detail, directed by Hal Ashby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Illustrated, Simplified and Painless Sunday School.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1973!
Which were the important events of 7 December 1973 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
- Rea Marie: Bavilla; Miss USA-Alaska (1997).
- Mark Hartsell: WLAF quarterback (Scotland Claymores).
- Charles Carl Roberts: American spree killer (d. 2006).
- Damien Rice: Irish musician.
- Terrell Owens: wide receiver (San Francisco 49ers).
- İbrahim Kutluay: Turkish basketball player
- Hack Meyers: American wrestler and trainer (d. 2015)
- Fabien Pelous: French international rugby player
- Charles Roberts: American murderer (d. 2006)
- Orioles sell pitcher Eddie Watt to the Phillies
- Phillies sell infielder-outfielder Cesar Tovar to the Texas Rangers
- Wings release Band on the Run
- The Bureau of the Mint announces tests are being conducted with aluminum alloy cents; the US Treasury requests authority to coin aluminum cents.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 December 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Chicago - Just You 'N' Me
- Ringo Starr - Photograph
- Billy Preston - Space Race
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - The Love I Lost (Part 1)
- Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?