Sunday 30 December 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1973!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1973 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Frans Bauer: Dutch singer.
- Jason Behr: American actor.
- Ato Boldon: Trinidadian runner sportscaster and politician.
- Robert Walker: Australian rower (Olympics-1996).
- Nacho Vidal: Spanish porn actor director and producer.
- Henri-Paul Busser: Composer, dies at 101.
- 1st picture of a comet from space (Comet Kohoutek-Skylab)
- Minnesota Vikings beat Dallas Cowboys 27-10 in NFC championship game.
- Miami Dolphins beat Oakland Raiders 27-10 in AFC championship game.
- Terrorist Carlos fails in his attempt to assassinate British businessman Joseph Sieff.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?