Wednesday 12 February 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Douglass and Michel Petit in Saint Malo.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Needles And Pins by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fire Within, directed by Louis Malle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Einer wird gewinnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1964!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1964 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Maurice Douglass: NFL safety (New York Giants).
- Michel Petit in Saint Malo: France; NHL defenseman (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Peter Palandjian: American businessman and real estate developer, Palandjian is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Intercontinental Real Estate Corp.
- Raphael Sbarge: Actor (Risky Business, My Science Project, Werewolf).
- Michel Petit: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Beatles 1st NYC concert (Carnegie Hall)
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Peggy Fleming.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- Rick Nelson - For You
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- Dionne Warwick - Anyone Who Had A Heart
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- The Tams - What Kind Of Fool (Do You Think I Am)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?