Sunday 12 January 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lynne Marie Thurik and Lynnae Marie Thurik in Vancouver.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Mr. Limpet, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carre was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Tenkes kapitánya.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1964 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Lynne Marie Thurik: Vancouver, Washington -- Miss Washington-America (1991).
- Lynnae Marie Thurik in Vancouver: Washington, USA; Miss Washington-America (1990).
- Laura Gildemeister: in Argentina; tennis star.
- Clare Holman: British actress.
- Blanca Li: Spanish dancer, choreographer, film director, and actress.
- Revolution overthrows Sultan of Zanzibar, one month after independence.
- NFL Pro Bowl: West beats East 31-17.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- Shirley Ellis - The Nitty Gritty
- Johnny Tillotson - Talk Back Trembling Lips
- Joey Powers - Midnight Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?