Thursday 6 February 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
Seven Days in May, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1964!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1964 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Gordon Downie: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (The Tragically Hip).
- Andrey Zvyagintsev: Russian film director and actor.
- Skip Ewing in Redlands: California, USA; country vocalist (Coast of Colorado).
- Matt Hayes: Australian soling yachtsman (Olympics-1996).
- Rugantino opens at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC for 28 performances
- WCIU TV channel 26 in Chicago, IL (IND) begins broadcasting
- France and Great Britain sign accord over building tunnel under English Channel.
- Cuba cuts off the normal water supply to the United States Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, in reprisal for the U.S. seizure 4 days earlier of 4 Cuban fishing boats off the coast of Florida.
- A Jackson, Mississippi jury, trying Byron De La Beckwith for the murder of Medgar Evers in June 1963, reports that it cannot reach a verdict, resulting in a mistrial.
- The Beatles arrive from England at New York City's JFK International Airport, receiving a tumultuous reception from a throng of screaming fans, marking the first occurrence of ampquotBeatlemaniaampquot in the United States.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- Rick Nelson - For You
- Dionne Warwick - Anyone Who Had A Heart
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?