Saturday 22 February 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Needles And Pins by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fire Within, directed by Louis Malle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1964!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1964 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Gigi Fernandez [Beatriz] in San Juan: Puerto Rico; US tennis star (Olympics-gold-1996, 1988 US Open Doubles).
- James Wlcek in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Trent - Walker Texas Ranger, Linc - As the World Turns).
- Simona Tagli: Italian actress, a former dancer and model.
- Ed Boon: American video game designer co-created Mortal Kombat.
- Gigi Fernández: Puerto Rican-American tennis player.
- Edie Martin: Actor (Titfield Thunderbolt), dies at 84.
- Beatles arrive back in England after their 1st US visit
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- The Rivieras - California Sun
- The Tams - What Kind Of Fool (Do You Think I Am)
- Diane Renay - Navy Blue
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?