Monday 12 March 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dale Murphy in Portland and Jean-Louis Perrier.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Forbidden Planet, directed by Fred McLeod Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boomtown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1956 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Dale Murphy in Portland: Oregon, USA; Atlanta Braves slugger (two time National League Most Valuable Player).
- Jean-Louis Perrier: French homicide; shot his wife to death at Avignon 10/26/1986, 4:30 PM.
- Steve Harris: English bass player and songwriter (Iron Maiden).
- Lesley Manville: English actress.
- Dale Murphy: American baseball player coach and sportscaster.
- Ruth Ozeki: Canadian-American priest and author
- Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 500 for first time (500.24).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?