Monday 12 March 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
The China Syndrome, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1979!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1979 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Pete Doherty: Rock Singer.
- Rhys Coiro: Italian-American actor.
- Jamie Dwyer: Australian field hockey player and coach.
- Nidia Guenard: American wrestler and manager.
- Shaun Rogers: American football player.
- Edwin Villafuerte: Ecuadorian footballer
- Dado Kamissoko: French athlete, specializing in the 200m and 400m events.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Donna Summer - Heaven Knows
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Pointer Sisters - Fire
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
- Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?