Friday 23 March 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Tragedy by Bee Gees.
In UK I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor was in the top 5 hits.
Phantasm, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Overload by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1979!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1979 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Mark Buehrle: American baseball player.
- Ray Gordy: American wrestler.
- Natalia Hadjiloizou: Belarusian-Cypriot swimmer.
- Misty Hyman: American swimmer.
- Donncha O'Callaghan: Irish rugby player.
- Wings release Goodnight Tonight
- Larry Holmes TKOs Osvaldo Ocasio in 7 rounds for heavyweight boxing title.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Donna Summer - Heaven Knows
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Pointer Sisters - Fire
- Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love
- Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?