Thursday 8 March 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
Hair, directed by Milos Forman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1979!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1979 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Apathy : American rapper and producer (Army of the Pharaohs and Get Busy Committee).
- Andy Ross: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (OK Go).
- Jessica Jaymes: American porn actress.
- Joao Martins: Portuguese artist.
- Tom Chaplin: English singer (Keane).
- Shuttle Columbia (OV-102) transported 38 miles overland from Palmdale.
- China withdraws invasion troops from Vietnam.
- Philips demonstrates the Compact Disc publicly for the first time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Pointer Sisters - Fire
- Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
- Donna Summer - Heaven Knows
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?