Friday 16 March 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
The Champ, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1979!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1979 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Adriana Fonseca: TV Actress.
- Édison Méndez: Ecuadorian footballer.
- Rashad Moore: American football player.
- Leena Peisa: Finnish keyboard player and songwriter (Lordi and Dolchamar).
- Andrei Stepanov: Estonian footballer.
- Edison Mendez: Ecuadorian footballer
- David Vicente: American military death, Marine Cpl. David Vicente was killed in Iraq on Friday, March 19, 2004 when his vehicle was struck by an explosive device during combat with insurgents near the town of Hit. Vicente joined the Marines in March 2001 and, after the 9/11/2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, he, trained as a machine gun specialist who flies with helicopter crews. Vicente graduated from the Greater Lawrence Vocational School in 1998. Three days before his death, he celebrated
- Jean Monnet: French international economist who was dedicated to international collaboration with France, Britain and the U.S.
- CBS-TV airs Wings Over the World with Paul McCartney
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Donna Summer - Heaven Knows
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Pointer Sisters - Fire
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
- Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
- Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?