Tuesday 6 March 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erik Bedard and Tim Howard.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
Starcrash, directed by Lewis Coates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stockard Channing in Just Friends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Football or Star Raiders.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1979!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1979 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Erik Bedard: Canadian baseball player.
- Tim Howard: American soccer player.
- Clint Barmes: American baseball player.
- Érik Bédard: Canadian baseball player.
- David Flair: American professional wrestler.
- Rufus Hound: English comedian and actor
- Charles Wagenheim: Actor (Halligan-Gunsmoke), dies at 83.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Bee Gees - Tragedy
- Pointer Sisters - Fire
- Donna Summer - Heaven Knows
- Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
- Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?