Saturday 12 May 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Soldier Boy by The Shirelles.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Peeping Tom, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1962!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1962 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Brett Gurewitz: American guitarist songwriter and producer (Bad Religion Daredevils and Error).
- Denis Charvet: French rugby union player, who played as a Centre, and occasional actor.
- Amy Benz: Rochester, New York -- LPGA golfer (1994 Oldsmobile Classic-3rd).
- Emilio Estevez in New York City: New York, USA; actor (The Breakfast Club, Young Guns, The Mighty Ducks).
- Amy Benz in Rochester: New York, USA; LPGA golfer (1994 Oldsmobile Classic-3rd).
- Dick Calkins: Co-author (Buck Rogers), dies at 67.
- Grevelingendam closes
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Christmas Island.
- Douglas MacArthur delivers his Duty, Honor, Country valedictory speech at the United States Military Academy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Jay and the Americans - She Cried
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Ernie Maresca - Shout! Shout! (Knock Yourself Out)
- Twist, Twist Senora - Gary U.S. Bonds
- Joey Dee and the Starliters - Shout - Part 1
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?