Wednesday 2 May 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Soldier Boy by The Shirelles.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
War Hunt, directed by Denis Sanders, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1962 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Jean-François Bernard: French road bicycle racer, professional from 1984 to 1996.
- Big Man: American wrestler and manager (d. 2004).
- Alexandra Boulat: French photographer who co-founded the VII Photo Agency in 2001.
- Elizabeth Berridge in Westchester: New York, USA; actress (Amadeus, Funhouse).
- Mayara Magri: Brazilian actress in films and TV.
- Nancy Harvey in Swift Current: Saskatchewan, Canada; LPGA golfer (1995 Youngstown-11th).
- Jimmy White: English snooker player
- Vincenzo Maenza: Italian champion wrestler in the Greco-Roman style, winner of the Olympic Gold Medal at Los Angeles in 1984 and a Silver Medal at Barcelona in 1992.
- Mitzi Kapture: American actress
- OAS strikes in Algeria
- WMHT TV channel 17 in Schenectady-Alby-Tro, New York (PBS) 1st broadcast
- Benfica wins 7th Europe Cup I.
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Christmas Island.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Joey Dee and the Starliters - Shout - Part 1
- Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please
- Jimmy Dean - P.T. 109
- Twist, Twist Senora - Gary U.S. Bonds
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?