Wednesday 2 May 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Berridge in Westchester and Nancy Harvey in Swift Current.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Soldier Boy by The Shirelles.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
War Hunt, directed by Denis Sanders, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tonight Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1962 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Elizabeth Berridge in Westchester: New York, USA; actress (Amadeus, Funhouse).
- Nancy Harvey in Swift Current: Saskatchewan, Canada; LPGA golfer (1995 Youngstown-11th).
- Mitzi Kapture: American actress.
- Jean-François Bernard: French road bicycle racer, professional from 1984 to 1996.
- Alexandra Boulat: French photographer who co-founded the VII Photo Agency in 2001.
- Mayara Magri: Brazilian actress in films and TV. Her first role was on the television series "The Adolescents," 1981. Since that time, she has appeared in a number of shows including "John Baptist of Andrade," "My Kisses," and "Fire Wheel."
- Vincenzo Maenza: Italian champion wrestler in the Greco-Roman style, winner of the Olympic Gold Medal at Los Angeles in 1984 and a Silver Medal at Barcelona in 1992.
- Jimmy White: English snooker player
- Big Man: American wrestler and manager (d. 2004)
- OAS strikes in Algeria
- WMHT TV channel 17 in Schenectady-Alby-Tro, New York (PBS) 1st broadcast
- Benfica wins 7th Europe Cup I.
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Christmas Island.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Joey Dee and the Starliters - Shout - Part 1
- Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Jimmy Dean - P.T. 109
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Twist, Twist Senora
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?