Monday 14 May 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Soldier Boy by The Shirelles.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Peeping Tom, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1962!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1962 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- C C: Deville; rocker (Poison - "Talk Dirty to Me").
- Ian Astbury in Heswall: Merseyside, England; rock vocalist (Cult - "Fire Woman").
- C C DeVille: American musician (Poison).
- Deborah Houlding: British astrologer, editor of "The Traditional Astrologer," a subscription based magazine from 1993, publisher of rare and out-of-print Astrological texts, and graphic designer.
- Wolfgang Priklopil: An Austrian communications technician who in 1998 kidnapped 10-year-old Natascha Kampusch and held her for eight years, committing suicide after she escaped.
- Ian Astbury: English-Canadian singer-songwriter (The Cult The Wondergirls Circus of Power and Holy Barbarians)
- CC DeVille: American guitarist songwriter and actor (Poison and Samantha 7)
- Danny Huston: Italian-American actor and director
- Florence Auer: American actress and screenwriter (d. 1962).
- Ex-pres Milovan Djilas sentenced to 5 years
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Christmas Island.
- Princess Sophia of Greece weds Don Juan Carlos of Spain.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Jay and the Americans - She Cried
- Ernie Maresca - Shout! Shout! (Knock Yourself Out)
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Brenda Lee - Everybody Loves Me But You
- Jimmy Dean - P.T. 109
- Burl Ives - Funny Way Of Laughin'
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?