Sunday 27 May 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Meg Parsont and Ray Borner Australian basketball center (Olympics-1984.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stranger On The Shore by Mr. Acker Bilk.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Lonely Are the Brave, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1962!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1962 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Meg Parsont: Personality (David Letterman Show).
- Ray Borner Australian basketball center (Olympics-1984: 1988, 1992, 1996).
- Marcelino Bernal: Mexican footballer.
- Ray Borner: Australian basketball player.
- Steven Brill: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Anthony Hyman: Israeli-English biologist and academic
- David Mundell: Scottish lawyer and politician Secretary of State for Scotland
- Ravi Shastri: Indian cricketer and sportscaster
- Ruth Jessen wins LPGA Dallas Civitan Golf Open.
- The Centralia, Pennsylvania mine fire starts.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 May 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Brenda Lee - Everybody Loves Me But You
- Jay and the Americans - She Cried
- Jimmy Dean - P.T. 109
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?