Monday 13 December 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rados?aw Sobolewski and S?ren Friis.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
Freaky Friday, directed by Gary Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lady of the Camellias.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Night Driver or Sea Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1976!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1976 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Rados?aw Sobolewski: Polish footballer.
- S?ren Friis: Danish footballer.
- Josh Fogg: American baseball player.
- Søren Friis: Danish footballer.
- Radosław Sobolewski: Polish footballer.
- Rama Yade: Senegalese-French politician
- Eduard Claudius: Writer.
- Golden Gate Bridge District starts ferry service to Larkspur, California.
- Longest non-stop passenger airflight (Sydney to San Francisco, 13 hours 14 minutes).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Barry De Vorzon and Perry Botkin, Jr. - Nadia's Theme (The Young And The Restless)
- Firefall - You Are The Woman
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - Nights Are Forever Without You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?