Wednesday 29 December 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danny R McBride and Kate Ford.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
Voyage of the Damned, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching L'opéra sauvage.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dukedom or Outlaw.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1976!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1976 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Danny R McBride: American actor, writer, and producer.
- Kate Ford: Soap Opera Actress.
- Danny McBride: Comedian.
- Filip Kuba: Czech ice hockey player.
- Ivo van Damme: Belgian 800 / 1500 m sprinter (1976 Olympics - Silver Medalist), dies at 22.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Brick - Dazz
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?