Saturday 13 May 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Josh Heinrich NFL/WLAF defensive end (Detroit Lions and Darryl Sydor in Edmonton.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1972!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1972 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Josh Heinrich NFL/WLAF defensive end (Detroit Lions: Barcelona Dragons).
- Darryl Sydor in Edmonton: Alberta, Canada; NHL defenseman (Dallas Stars).
- Stefaan Maene: Dutch swimmer who was selected to compete in the Atlanta Olympics and had to forfeit at the last minute due to an injury of his right shoulder.
- Darryl Sydor: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Pieta van Dishoeck: Dutch rower.
- Dan Blocker: American television actor and Korean War veteran, best remembered for his role as Eric 'Hoss' Cartwright in the long-running NBC western television series "Bonanza.
- Milwaukee Brewers beat Minnesota Twins, 4-3, in 22 innings (started May 12).
- Faulty electrical wiring ignites a fire underneath the Playtown Cabaret in Osaka, Japan. Blocked exits and non-functional elevators lead to 118 fatalities, with many victims leaping to their deaths.
- Okinawa is returned to Japan after 27 years of United States Military occupation.
- Governor George C. Wallace of Alabama is shot by Arthur Herman Bremer at a Laurel, Maryland political rally.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
- America - A Horse With No Name
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?