Thursday 18 May 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Turner Stevenson in Prince George and Emmanuel Bertholin.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1972!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1972 ?
- Turner Stevenson in Prince George: British Columbia, Canada; NHL right wing (Montreal Canadiens).
- Emmanuel Bertholin: French skier in alpine and cross-country events.
- Teresa Giudice: Italian-American reality television cast-member, best known for starring in The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
- Turner Stevenson: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Eero Aukusti Sipila: Composer, dies at 53.
- Me & The Chimp, last airs on CBS-TV
- John Sebastian makes 63 consecutive free throws while blindfolded.
- Four troopers of both SAS and SBS are parachuted onto the ''RMS Queen Elizabeth 2'', off Britain in the Atlantic, after a bomb threat and ransom demand, which turns out to be bogus.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- The Rolling Stones - Tumbling Dice
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?