Sunday 7 May 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Hayes and John Holecek.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1972 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Chris Hayes: safety (New York Jets).
- John Holecek: NFL linebacker (Buffalo Bills).
- Vince Stewart: WLAF defensive tackle (Barcelona Dragons).
- Peter Dubovsky: Slovak footballer (d. 2000).
- Fili Houtteman: Belgian exotic dancer, a stripper who had won the beauty title of Miss Belgium in 1996.
- Peter Dubovský: Czech-Slovak footballer (d. 2000)
- Frank Trigg: American mixed martial artist and wrestler
- Betty Burfeindt wins Sealy LPGA Golf Classic.
- 26th NBA Championship: Los Angeles Lakers beat New York Knicks, 4 games to 1.
- General elections are held in Italy.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 May 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- America - A Horse With No Name
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?