Monday 17 March 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Ingeborg Holm, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1919!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1919 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Nat Cole: American musician, band leader, and popular entertainer of the 1940s and 1950s.
- Nat King Cole: American singer (d. 1965).
- Hank Sauer: baseball player (National League Most Valuable Player 1952).
- Dutch steel workers strike for 8 hour day and minimum wages.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Nora Bayes - How Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm
- In the Land of Beginning Again - Charles Harrison
- Bring Back My Bonnie to Me - Alma Gluck & Orpheus Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 March 1919 and get them!