Tuesday 14 January 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1936 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Rainer Klimke: German equestrian, who won six gold and two bronze medals indressage at the Summer Olympics — a record for equestrian events.
- John Paul Cain in Sweetwater: Texas, USA; PGA golfer (1989 Greater Grand Rapids).
- Clarence Carter: American singer ("Thread the Needle").
- Ludmila Pinayeva: USSR -- 500m kayak (1964, 68, 72 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Reiner Klimke: German FR, equestrian dressage (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- L M (Mario) Giannini elected president of Bank of America.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?