Friday 14 February 1958, Valentine's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Perry Stephens and Enrique Mansilla.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK The Story Of My Life by Michael Holliday was in the top 5 hits.
The Brothers Karamazov, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walt Disney Presents: Annette.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1958!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1958 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Perry Stephens: Frankfurt, Germany -- Actor (Loving, All My Children).
- Enrique Mansilla: Argentine racing driver.
- Frédéric Saint-Sernin: French politician and businessman.
- Francisco Peña: Spanish soldier (d. 2013).
- Grant Thomas: Australian footballer and coach.
- Abdul Rab Nishtar: veteran leader of Pakistan Movement, (Born 1899).
- Arab Federation of Iraq and Jordan forms.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 February 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Danny & The Juniors - At The Hop
- The Silhouettes - Get A Job
- Royal Teens - Short Shorts
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- The Diamonds - The Stroll
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- Elvis Presley - I Beg Of You
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire
- Buddy Holly - Peggy Sue
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?