Thursday 6 February 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Miller in Los Angeles and Bill Dawley.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walt Disney Presents: Annette.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1958!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1958 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Barry Miller in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Fame, Peggy Sue Got Married, Joe and Sons, Szysznyk).
- Bill Dawley: Baseball player.
- Simon Baker Australian speed walker: (Olympics-1984, 1988, 1996).
- Cecily Adams in Queens: New York, USA; entertainment caster (American Heart).
- Mark Hamilton in Louisville: Kentucky, USA; sprint kayak Olympics-1996).
- Kelly Leadbetter in Phoenix: Arizona, USA; LPGA golfer (1986 Hennessy French Open).
- Reinhardt Stiehle: German pro astrologer and writer, a cultural scientist with studies of the subculture of pop and rock music and a publisher of esoteric material, astrology books since 1983. A Chiron fan, he is the editor and translator of several books about Chiron.
- Cecily Adams: American actress and casting director (Born 1958)
- Tim Dakin: English bishop
- Barry Miller: American actor
- 7 soccer: players of Manchester United die in an aircrash at Munich.
- Roger Byrne: English footballer (Born 1929).
- Walter Crickmer: English football club secretary and manager.
- Tommy Taylor: English footballer (Born 1932).
- Mark Jones: English footballer (Born 1933).
- 7 members on Manchester United football team die in an air crash
- Ted Williams signs with Boston Red Sox for US$135,000, making him highest paid.
- Eight Manchester United F.C. players are killed in the Munich air disaster.
- Seven Manchester United footballers are among the 21 people killed in the Munich air disaster in West Germany on the return flight from a European Cup game in Yugoslavia. 23 people survive, but four of them, including manager Matt Busby and players Johnny Berry and Duncan Edwards, are in a serious condition.
- The strongest ever known solar maximum is recorded.As of 2012.
- Marshal Chen Yi succeeds Zhou Enlai as Chinese Minister of Foreign affairs.
- Ruth Carol Taylor is the first African American woman hired as a flight attendant. Hired by Mohawk Airlines, her career lasts only six months, due to another discriminatory barrier ndash the airline's ban on married flight attendants.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1958 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?