Saturday 22 February 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK The Story Of My Life by Michael Holliday was in the top 5 hits.
The Brothers Karamazov, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1958!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1958 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Thierry Redler: French actor in TV series and film director.
- Dave Spitz: American bass player and songwriter (Black Sabbath White Lion Great White and Impellitteri).
- Kyle MacLachlan in Yakima: Washington, USA; actor (Blue Velvet, Dune, Twin Peaks, The Hidden).
- Claude Droussent: French sports journalist and entrepreneur.
- Didier Lestrade: French author, magazine publisher, AIDS and LGBT rights advocate.
- Abul Kalam Azad: Indian independence movement leader (Born 1888).
- Portotino closes at Adelphi Theater NYC after 3 performances
- Indonesian air force bombs Padang, Sumatra / Menado, Celebes
- Michael Todd, film magnate, killed in a New Mexico air crash.
- Australian swimmer Jon Konrads sets six world records in two days.
- Egypt and Syria join to form the United Arab Republic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Danny & The Juniors - At The Hop
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- The Silhouettes - Get A Job
- Perry Como - Catch A Falling Star
- Royal Teens - Short Shorts
- The Diamonds - The Stroll
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- The Crescendos - Oh Julie
- Paul Anka - You Are My Destiny
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 February 1958 and get them!