Thursday 20 February 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK The Story Of My Life by Michael Holliday was in the top 5 hits.
The Brothers Karamazov, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1958!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1958 ?
- Carol Ficatier: Auscene, France -- Playmate (December, 1985).
- James Wilby: Burma -- Actor (Howards End, Maurice).
- Thurston Hall: Actor (Mr Schuyler-Topper), dies at 75.
- LA Coliseum Comm approves 2-yr pact allows Dodgers to use facility
- Jockey Eddie Arcaro rides his 4,000th winner.
- A test rocket explodes at Cape Canaveral.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Danny & The Juniors - At The Hop
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- The Silhouettes - Get A Job
- Perry Como - Catch A Falling Star
- Royal Teens - Short Shorts
- The Diamonds - The Stroll
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- The Crescendos - Oh Julie
- Paul Anka - You Are My Destiny
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 February 1958 and get them!