Thursday 20 February 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carol Ficatier and James Wilby.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK The Story Of My Life by Michael Holliday was in the top 5 hits.
The Brothers Karamazov, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gekkô kamen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1958!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1958 ?
- Carol Ficatier: Auscene, France -- Playmate (December, 1985).
- James Wilby: Burma -- Actor (Howards End, Maurice).
- Thurston Hall: Actor (Mr Schuyler-Topper), dies at 75.
- LA Coliseum Comm approves 2-yr pact allows Dodgers to use facility
- Jockey Eddie Arcaro rides his 4,000th winner.
- A test rocket explodes at Cape Canaveral.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Danny & The Juniors - At The Hop
- The Silhouettes - Get A Job
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- Royal Teens - Short Shorts
- The Diamonds - The Stroll
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- Frankie Avalon - Dede Dinah
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- Perry Como - Catch A Falling Star
- Paul Anka - You Are My Destiny
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?