Friday 21 February 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK The Story Of My Life by Michael Holliday was in the top 5 hits.
The Brothers Karamazov, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1958!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1958 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Mary Chapin Carpenter: American singer.
- Alan Trammell in Garden Grove: California, USA; infielder (Detroit Tigers).
- Mary-Chapin Carpenter in Princeton: New Jersey, USA; country singer ("This Shirt", "Shooting Straight in the Dark").
- Jake Burns: Irish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Stiff Little Fingers).
- Jack Coleman: American actor and screenwriter.
- Alan Trammell: American baseball player and manager
- Kim Coates: Movie Actor
- Jack Coleman in Easton: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Steven Carrington - Dynasty).
- Mary Carpenter: American musician, singer, songwriter and recording artist. The daughter of a Life magazine executive, she spent part of her early life in Japan. She grew up with a love of contemporary pop music with some interest in country and folk, playing guitar. She took her University degree in American Civilization.
- Duncan Edwards: English footballer (Born 1936).
- Portotino opens at Adelphi Theater NYC for 3 performances
- Egypt-Syria as United Arab Republic elect Gamal Abdel Nasser President (99.9 percent vote).
- The Peace symbol, commissioned by Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in protest against the Atomic Weapons Research Establishment, is designed and completed by Gerald Holtom.
- Cuban rebels kidnap five-time world driving champion Juan Manuel Fangio, releasing him 28 hours later.
- Arturo Frondizi is elected president of Argentina.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Danny & The Juniors - At The Hop
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- The Silhouettes - Get A Job
- Perry Como - Catch A Falling Star
- Royal Teens - Short Shorts
- The Diamonds - The Stroll
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- The Crescendos - Oh Julie
- Paul Anka - You Are My Destiny
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 February 1958 and get them!