Thursday 14 May 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Darin [Walden Waldo Cassotto] in Bronx and Waheeda Rehman.
Show Boat, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1936!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1936 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Bobby Darin [Walden Waldo Cassotto] in Bronx: New York, USA; singer ("Mack the Knife").
- Waheeda Rehman: Indian actress.
- Franca Bettoia: Italian actress, who made her first film appearance in "Un palco all'opera" (1955, by Siro Marcellini).
- Bobby Darin: American actor, singer and recording artist, best remembered for his song "Mack The Knife" that held the No.
- Vic Eliason: American clergyman and radio host founded VCY America (d. 2015).
- Charlie Gracie: American singer and guitarist
- Dick Howser: New York Yankees and Kansas City Royals manager, dies at age 51 of brain cancer.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?