Thursday 21 May 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Show Boat, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1936!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1936 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Ama Samy: Burma -- Jesuit priest / Zen teacher / disciple of Yamada Koun.
- Dipak Nandy: founder (Runnymead Trust).
- Gunter Blobel: German biologist, Nobel laureate.
- Henry Montaigu: French author and columnist, who became known particularly through the publication of his novel "Le Cavalier bleu" (1982) and for his political commitment to the monarchy.
- Günter Blobel: Polish-American biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Sada Abe is arrested after wandering the streets of Tokyo for days with her dead lover's severed genitals in her hand. Her story soon becomes one of Japan's most notorious scandals.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?