Saturday 14 May 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leroy Blugh and Pooh Richardson.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Arabesque, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Förster Horn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1966!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1966 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Leroy Blugh: Canadian Football League defensive end (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Pooh Richardson: NBA guard (Los Angeles Clippers).
- Fabrice Morvan: French music artist (Milli Vanilli).
- Marianne Denicourt: French actress director and screenwriter.
- Mike Inez: American bass player and songwriter (Alice in Chains Black Label Society Slash's Snakepit and Spys4Darwin).
- Fab Morvan: French singer-songwriter and dancer (Milli Vanilli Rob & Fab and Empire Bizarre)
- Raphael Saadiq: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Tony! Toni! Toné! and Lucy Pearl)
- 1st reported monitoring of pirate radio station WBBH (NJ)
- Georgia Camp Johnson, US poet/playwright, dies at age 88.
- Turkey and Greece intend to start negotiations about the situation in Cyprus.
- Indonesia asks Malaysia for peace negotiations.
- The South Vietnamese army besieges Da Nang.
- Tens of thousands of anti-war demonstrators again picket the White House, then rally at the Washington Monument.
- The Communist Party of China issues the 'May 16 Notice', marking the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
- A seamen's strike is called in Britain.
- The legendary album ''Pet Sounds'' by The Beach Boys is released.
- Bob Dylan's seminal album, ''Blonde on Blonde'' is released in the U.S.
- In New York City, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. makes his first public speech on the Vietnam War.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab You Darlin'
- Dionne Warwick - Message To Michael
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Shadows Of Knight - Gloria
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?