Sunday 15 April 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Cheerful Givers, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1917 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Hans Conried: Baltimore, Maryland -- Actor (Bullwinkle Show, Make Room for Daddy).
- James Kee: American lawyer and politician (d. 1989).
- Elmer Gedeon: American baseball player with the Washington Senators.
- Pietro Grossi: Italian composer, pioneer of computer music, visual artist, cellist and hacker ahead of his time.
- Mildred Baass: American poet, who served as the Poet Laureate of Texas from 1993 to 1995.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag (And Smile, Smile, Smile) - Knickerbocker Quartet
- Pray for Sunshine - Al Jolson
- M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I - Ada Jones
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 April 1917 and get them!