Monday 15 April 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Evelyn Ashford in Shreveport and Evelyn Ashford.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Spirit of St. Louis, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Men, Women and Clothes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1957 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Evelyn Ashford in Shreveport: Louisiana, USA; 100 metre runner (Olympics-4 gold-1976, 1984).
- Evelyn Ashford: Runner.
- Pedro Infante: Mexican actor and singer.
- Congress gives Post Office $41M; restoring Saturday mail delivery
- KTVI TV channel 2 in Saint Louis, MO (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Saturday mail delivery restored after US Congress gives Post Office US$41 million.
- White Rock, British Columbia officially separates from Surrey, British Columbia and is incorporated as a new city.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?