Tuesday 15 April 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Paramount on Parade, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1930 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Elijah Barayi: head of South Africa union centre (COSATU).
- Richard Davis: American musician, recording artist and classical performer with major orchestras and symphonies, also well known in jazz groups.
- Georges Descrières: French actor, appeared in 52 films and television shows between 1954 and 1996.
- Georges Descrieres: Bordeaux Actor.
- Vigdís Finnbogadóttir: Icelandic educator and politician 4th President of Iceland.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?