Wednesday 28 April 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steven Blum and Stéphane Courbit.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Concrete And Clay by Unit 4+2 was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Magic Boomerang.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1965!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1965 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Steven Blum: American voice actor.
- Stéphane Courbit: French businessman in the sector of media and television.
- Jennifer Rardin: American author, Jaz Parks series (d. 2010).
- Ferdinand Bordewijk: Dutch writer of magic realistic novels and short stories, poet and lawyer.
- Barbra Streisand stars on My Name is Barbra special on CBS
- Lindsey Nelson broadcasts game at Astrodome from a hanging gondola.
- Richard Helms replaces Marshall S Carter as deputy director of US Central Intelligence Agency.
- United States occupation of the Dominican Republic: American troops land in the Dominican Republic to ''forestall establishment of a Communist dictatorship'' and to evacuate U.S. Army troops.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- The Kinks - Tired Of Waiting For You
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- The Rolling Stones - The Last Time
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?