Saturday 17 April 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yoshiki Kuroda and Joris Lutz.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I'm Telling You Now by Freddie and the Dreamers.
In UK Concrete And Clay by Unit 4+2 was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Expeditionen ins Tierreich.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1965!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1965 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Yoshiki Kuroda: Japanese urban planner.
- Joris Lutz: Dutch actor, presenter, writer and children's author.
- William Mapother: American actor.
- The first SDS march against the Vietnam War draws 25,000 protestors to Washington, DC.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 April 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- The Kinks - Tired Of Waiting For You
- Martha & the Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
- Shirley Ellis - The Clapping Song (Clap Pat Clap Slap)
- The Moody Blues - Go Now!
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?