Saturday 17 April 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to I'm Telling You Now by Freddie and the Dreamers.
In UK Concrete And Clay by Unit 4+2 was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1965!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1965 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- William Mapother: American actor.
- Yoshiki Kuroda: Japanese urban planner.
- Joris Lutz: Dutch actor, presenter, writer and children's author.
- The first SDS march against the Vietnam War draws 25,000 protestors to Washington, DC.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
- The Kinks - Tired Of Waiting For You
- Martha & the Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
- Shirley Ellis - The Clapping Song (Clap Pat Clap Slap)
- The Moody Blues - Go Now!
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 April 1965 and get them!