Sunday 15 April 1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Footloose by Kenny Loggins.
In UK Hello by Lionel Richie was in the top 5 hits.
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, directed by Joseph Zito, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1984!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1984 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Zizan Razak: Comedian.
- Antonio Cromartie: American football player.
- Cam Janssen: American ice hockey player.
- Ben Kasica: American guitarist and producer (Skillet).
- Daniel Paille: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Tommy Cooper: Welsh comedy magician (Born 1921).
- Human Comedy closes at Royale Theater NYC after 13 performances
- Extremist Sikhs plunder 40 stations in Punjab, India.
- 48th Golf Masters Championship: Ben Crenshaw wins, shooting a 277.
- Ayako Okamoto wins LPGA J&B Scotch Pro-Am Golf Tournament.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Pointer Sisters - Automatic
- Culture Club - Miss Me Blind
- Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
- Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Adult Education
- Van Halen - Jump
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?