Saturday 14 April 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Footloose by Kenny Loggins.
In UK Hello by Lionel Richie was in the top 5 hits.
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, directed by Joseph Zito, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1984!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1984 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Whitney Thore: Reality Star.
- Adán Sánchez: Mexican-American singer who died in an automobile accident on March 27, 2004 around 6 PM in Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico on his way to Puerto Vallarta to promote his music in Mexico.
- Blake Costanzo: American football player.
- Charles Hamelin: Canadian short track speed skater.
- Harumafuji Kōhei: Mongolian sumo wrestler the 70th Yokozuna.
- Josanne Lucas: Tobagonian hurdler
- Kristina Rose: American porn actress
- Tyler Thigpen: American football player
- Adan Sanchez: American singer (d. 2004)
- Dionisis Papagiannopoulos: Greek actor (Born 1912).
- Farewell concert of Doe Maar in Den Bosch Neth
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Pointer Sisters - Automatic
- Culture Club - Miss Me Blind
- Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
- Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Adult Education
- Van Halen - Jump
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?