Thursday 19 April 1984
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Da-hae and Christopher Pearce.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) by Phil Collins.
In UK Hello by Lionel Richie was in the top 5 hits.
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, directed by Joseph Zito, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. Palfrey of Westminster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Frogger II: ThreeeDeep! or Gemstone Warrior.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1984!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1984 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Famous Birthdays:19 April
- Nemesis, death star of dinosaurs 1st appears in print (Nature Magazine)
- Advance Australia Fair is proclaimed as Australia's national anthem, and green and gold as the national colours.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 April 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
- Culture Club - Miss Me Blind
- Pointer Sisters - Automatic
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- Rick Springfield - Love Somebody
- Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
- Tracey Ullman - They Don't Know
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?