Monday 30 April 1984
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) by Phil Collins.
In UK Hello by Lionel Richie was in the top 5 hits.
The Bounty, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1984!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1984 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Shawn Daivari: American wrestler and manager.
- Risto Mätas: Estonian javelin thrower.
- Lee Roache: English footballer.
- Sophie Turner: Australian model and lawyer.
- Rosa Acosta: Model.
- Anna Zugno: Italian athlete, Gold Medallist at Cyclist World Championship as a junior, 8 October 2002.
- Arthur T "Bomber" Harris: Bombed Nazi Germany.
- Strong winds cause a 30 min delay in Toronto Blue Jays game
- 1700 skiers participate in an alpine event at Are, Sweden.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose
- Rick Springfield - Love Somebody
- Julio Iglesias - To All The Girls I've Loved Before
- The Cars - You Might Think
- Tracey Ullman - They Don't Know
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Culture Club - Miss Me Blind
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?