Sunday 15 September 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Caesar and Cleopatra, directed by Gabriel Pascal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1946 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Tommy Jones: American actor, winner of an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in "The Fugitive.
- Alain Esteve: .
- Fighting Mack [Edwin Alberto]: Antillian welterweight boxer.
- Mike Procter: South African cricketer, coach and match referee.
- Howard Waldrop: American science fiction author.
- Oliver Stone: American writer and director. A successful stockbroker and publisher of an investors newsletter, he attended a film school in New York where me hade two short films and began writing screenplays by 1973. The cinematic high priest of point of view films for the Baby Boomer generation, Stone is one of the most controversial filmmakers in Hollywood with many who object to his revisionist view of contemporary history. A five time Academy Award winner, Stone's films include "Midnight Express," 1978,
- Tommy Lee Jones: American actor
- Ronald Nossintchouk: French criminologist, author, professor and pioneer of forensic odontology.
- Oliver Stone in New York City: New York, USA; director (Wall Street, Good Morning Vietnam, Platoon, JFK).
- Ola Brunkert: Swedish session drummer (ABBA) (d. 2008)
- Stephen Erlewine: American astrologer and computer programmer, the co-founder of Matrix with his brother Michael in 1977. They developed more than 100 packages of astrological software. He is known for "The Circle Book of Charts" and "The Circle Book Calendar." He opened the Circle Bookstore in Ann Arbor, MI, 1968.
- Dodgers beat Cubs 2-0 in 5 inns, games called because of gnats
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Blue Skies - Count Basie & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?