Friday 15 February 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Tiger Feet by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1974!
Which were the important events of 15 February 1974 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Jodie McMullen: Miss Universe - Australia / Miss Congeniality (1996).
- Tim Hall: Running back (Oakland Raiders).
- Ugueth Urbina in Caracas: Venezuela; pitcher (Montreal Expos).
- Erik Schulz in Port Huron: Michigan, USA; pairs skater (and Ilana Goldfogel).
- Gina Lynn: Puerto Rican-American porn actress and director.
- Tomi Putaansuu: Finnish singer-songwriter (Lordi)
- Ugueth Urbina: Venezuelan baseball player
- Alexander Wurz: Austrian race car driver
- Miranda July: American actress and screen-writer, she wrote and starred in the 2005 movie, "Me, You, and Everyone We Know," an offbeat romance that won awards at the Sundance Film Festival and at the Cannes Film Festival. In 2007 she published a collection of short stories which captured the Frank O’Connor International Short Story Award.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- David Essex - Rock On
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?