Friday 1 February 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Lien and Lisa Marie Scott.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carrie's War.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rebound or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1974!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1974 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Jennifer Lien: Actress (Hannah Moore-Another World).
- Lisa Marie Scott: Pensacola, Florida -- Playmate (Feb, 1994).
- Randy Josselyn in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Fever Lake, Andy Colby's Incredible Adventure).
- David Meca: Spanish long distance swimmer.
- Walter McCarty: American basketball player and coach.
- Lynda Ann Healy is abducted in Seattle: Washington (first Ted Bundy murder victim).
- Good Times (spinoff from Maude) premieres on CBS TV
- Kuala Lumpur is declared a Federal Territory.
- A fire in the 25-story Joelma Building in Sao Paulo, Brazil kills 189 and injures 293.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?