Saturday 9 February 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love's Theme by Love Unlimited Orchestra.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Come Nineveh, Come Tyre by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1974!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1974 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Lorena Bianchetti: Italian television presenter, journalist, actress and author.
- Orlando Bobo: guard (Minnesota Vikings).
- Erra Fazira: Malaysian actress and beauty queen.
- Brad Maynard: punter (New York Giants).
- Amber Valletta: American model and actress.
- Cees de Lange: Dutch conferencier, dies at age 60.
- Daddy What If by Bobby Bare peaks at #41
- US male Figure Skating championship won by Gordon McKellen Jr.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 February 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?