Saturday 15 June 1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Three Lions by Baddiel & Skinner and The Lightning Seeds was in the top 5 hits.
Phenomenon, directed by Jon Turteltaub, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Runaway Jury by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1996!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1996 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
Famous Birthdays:15 June
- The Provisional Irish Republican Army explodes a large bomb in the middle of Manchester, England.
- In Manchester, UK, a massive IRA bomb injures over 200 people and devastates a large part of the city centre.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- SWV - You're The One
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- George Michael - Fastlove
- Adam Clayton & Larry Mullen - Theme From Mission Impossible
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?