Saturday 15 May 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Middleman, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1915!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1915 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Albert Lenormand: La Roche-Vineuse Painters.
- Hilda Bernstein: English-born South African author, artist, and activist (Born 1915).
- Paul Samuelson: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2009).
- Henrik Sandberg: Danish production manager and producer (d. 1993).
- Gus Viseur: Belgian-French accordion player (Quintette du Hot Club de France) (d. 1974).
- Jens Hauge: Norwegian lawyer, resistance fighter, cabinet minister, and industrialist.
- Paul A Samuelson economist (1970 Nobel: 1947 John Bates Clark Medal).
- Maurice B: Latey commentator (BBC World Service).
- Mario Monicelli: Italian director and screenwriter (d. 2010)
- AT&T becomes 1st corporation to have 1 million stockholders
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Everybody Rag with Me - George O'Connor
- I Want to Go to Tokio - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1915?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?