Saturday 15 May 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul A Samuelson economist (1970 Nobel and Maurice B.
The Middleman, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1915!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1915 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Paul A Samuelson economist (1970 Nobel: 1947 John Bates Clark Medal).
- Maurice B: Latey commentator (BBC World Service).
- Mario Monicelli: Italian director and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- Jens Hauge: Norwegian lawyer, resistance fighter, cabinet minister, and industrialist.
- Albert Lenormand: La Roche-Vineuse Painters.
- Hilda Bernstein: English-born South African author, artist, and activist (Born 1915)
- Paul Samuelson: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2009)
- Henrik Sandberg: Danish production manager and producer (d. 1993)
- Gus Viseur: Belgian-French accordion player (Quintette du Hot Club de France) (d. 1974)
- AT&T becomes 1st corporation to have 1 million stockholders
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Want to Go to Tokio - Prince's Orchestra
- Everybody Rag with Me - George O'Connor
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?