Friday 15 May 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Home, Sweet Home, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1914!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1914 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Jimmy Wasdell: American baseball player, a left-handed outfielder played for the Washington Senators (1937–1940), Brooklyn Dodgers (1940–1941), Pittsburgh Pirates (1942–1943), Philadelphia Phillies (1943–1946), and Cleveland Indians (1946–1947).
- Turk Broda: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 1972).
- Angus MacLean: Canadian farmer and politician 25th Premier of Prince Edward Island (d. 2000).
- Norrie Paramor: English composer producer and conductor (d. 1979).
- Pierre Froidebise: composer.
- Jack Pepys: immunologist.
- Henri Rabauds opera "Marouf, Savetier de Caire" premieres in Paris France.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Do You Take This Woman for Your Lawful Wife? - William J. Halley
- Where Can I Meet You To-Night? - Ada Jones & Henry Burr
- Dance of the Hours - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?