Saturday 28 October 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jessie Kesson and Virginia Fabre.
It Is for England!, directed by Laurence Cowen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1916!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1916 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Jessie Kesson: Author.
- Virginia Fabre: American astrologer, well known in the southwest as the originator of SWAC (South West Astrology Conference) along with Pat Crossley and Roxana Muise 1974-85.
- Ernest Tetsch: German Nazi military.
- Dante Di Benedetti: Italy sport Champion.
- Ernst Tetsch: Germany Military man.
- Pearl Hackney: English actress (d. 2009)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?